Silo, tank and feed bin weighing with Internet access
The accurate inventory system for silos, bins, tanks and storage vessels that you can install yourself
Never run out of material again – Visual warning at Reorder and Low levels, plus audible warning if you need it, to prevent loss of production and missed deliveries.
Eliminate the risk of overfilling – Blown filters and the ensuing environmental hazards are a thing of the past.
Identify and stop delivery shortages – Ability to check every delivery, even weeks ago, against the delivery ticket puts you in command of the situation.
SiloWeigh is perfect for silo, tank or feed bin weighing; any storage vessel in fact. Better than silo level measurement, SiloWeigh measures the actual weight of the vessel and contents to give a true picture of the amount on hand – and it costs little more than a silo level sensor.
- With the addition of an embedded PC computer in a larger (20″ x 20″) cabinet, SiloWeigh.Net becomes self-contained, with all the software installed and set up for your application, ready for “Plug-and-Play”, connection to the local network and SiloWeigh.Net’s cloud server.
- Optional 15″ TFT color touch-screen can be fitted in the front panel, as shown, turning it into a full-featured system for operation near the silos, with connection to the local network and the Internet when desired.
- SiloWeigh’s L-Strain sensors are temperature compensated; they cancel the effects of the structure’s expansion with temperature while measuring the compression due to load. Typical accuracy ±1 to 2% of full scale when all four legs are gauged.
- Mount the legs on Load Cells for higher accuracy (0.1%) (see Applications page).
- All-weather. Sensors, wiring and junction boxes meet NEMA-4, IP66 and you can set up the dust and spashproof industrial touch screen display system in a convenient indoor location.
- No moving parts for long life and reliability.
- History trend graphs for any silo/tank/vessel in the company.
- Viewable on computer, Ipad, Iphone, Android and Blackberry phones with no additional app.
- In-plant hard wired programmable alarms.
- Software alarm log at plant and company level.
- Email alerts and refill order generation.
- Combine solids silos and liquid tanks/vessels by use of our liquid level sensors.
- Digital transmission retains full accuracy and reduces wiring – single cable for all storage vessels
- Unlimited number of silos/vessels, groups and locations
- The only weighing system (along with Siloweigh II Pro) that handles divided silos
- All 4 sensors are connected separately; diagnostic display pinpoints a bad sensor and it can be bypassed until a replacement can be fitted.
CABLE or RADIO transmission reduces wiring between silos and DAQ unit to a single digital cable, reducing installation time and preserving full accuracy – up to 10 miles (16 km) from silos; perfect for feed bin weighing on large farms or blasting supplies in large mines and quarries. Digital Junction Boxes connect to all sensors at each vessel. The DAQ unit gathers digital data from all vessels, storing it for transmission to a local computer and assuring no-break operation. The associated computer acts as a web server, allowing any computer on the local area network to view the levels in all vessels or a detailed view of one vessel with a trend graph, using just a web browser.
8 to 24 optional relay alarm setpoints can be programmed to light visible indicators, sound audible alarms or operate pinch-off valves to prevent overfill. Aditionally, up to 8 inputs can accept alarm cancel buttons or overpressure switches to prevent filter blowout.
Yes, we do divided silos. Most companies cannot handle vessels that are divided to store two separate materials. Regardless of the position of the partition or the percentage split, SiloWeigh.Net uses all four legs signals to compute the weight in each side. It’s just as easy to install, just as easy to calibrate.
Liquid tanks and level sensing
A pressure sensor is lower cost than a set of leg sensors and it’s more accurate too. An adapter board connects four pressure sensors – four tanks – to one DJB for a further saving. We can record temperature too, or the levels in joined silos, to complete your installation when we cannot use the legs.
- Install and calibrate the system yourself. We deliver a kit with complete instructions. All necessary cables are provided and are color coded. Calibration is straightforward, using the weighed deliveries as reference.
- Alternatively, we have trained installation experts at various US and Canadian locations – call us for details.