Measure your load weight – while you are loading
Turn your bridge crane into a crane scale by adding sensors to your support columns
Now you can weigh each item as it is loaded onto your truck . . while it is supported by your overhead crane! CraneWeigh is a simple and foolproof way to verify your truck loading and ensure you meet maximum load limits. No lost time to visit a local truck scale, and the cost is lower than most hook-based crane scales. Just pick up your load and run the crane directly over the gauged support columns; the indicator shows the weight of the piece, regardless of the position of the trolley and hook on the bridge . . . Read more
- CraneWeigh measures the stress in two opposite bridge crane support columns, which is converted into a weight reading by the indicator.
- When the bridge is located over these columns, the indicator reads the weight of the load on the crane hook
- L-Strain sensors, as used in our best-selling SiloWeigh products, use high quality metal foil strain gauges, as in load cells, to give superior stability and accuracy.
- CraneWeigh sensors are temperature compensated by the L-shaped design. We have demonstrated typical accuracies of ±1 to 2% of full scale when two crane support columns are used.
- Mount the industrial weight indicator in any convenient location. You don’t have to squint at a display up in the air, and it doesn’t need charging either; it plugs into any convenient outlet.
- No loss in headroom for a load cell – crane is untouched.
CraneWeigh measures the stress in two crane support columns and when the crane is positioned over them, the crane and its load can be weighed. If the columns also support the roof structure, it is still possible to get good weight readings . . . Read more
- You need adequate stress in the columns – contact us for details.
- It only works on steel – concrete columns cannot be meaasured.
- Install and calibrate the system yourself. We deliver a kit with complete instructions. All necessary cables are provided and are colour coded.
- Calibration is straightforward, using a known piece weight as reference. Or call your local scale company and use their weights.
- Alternatively, we have trained installation experts at various US and Canadian locations – contact us for details.
- Not a Legal For Trade crane scale; accuracy is adequate for loading weight estimation but cannot be used as the basis of a sale by weight.