Three methods of moisture control give you the best way to operate
AQUAMIXAQUACONTROLAQUAMIX SPECMIXING CYCLESACCESSORIESWATER/MOISTUREVIDEO/BROCHURE
AquaControl 1540 controls the water dosing in the mixer to give consistent moisture or slump in the final product.
Combine a rugged microwave moisture sensor with the power of BatchTron or AquaControl plus some advanced moisture control software. As a result, you get major savings over competitive systems while maintaining top performance and solid reliability.
When you need really accurate control of slump for wet cast or moisture for dry cast, the MasterMix moisture control sequence will give you fantastic performance; speed and accuracy second to none. It measures the moisture of the ingredients after they enter the mixer. Based on the known weight of materials in the mixer and their moisture, it calculates the water required for the mix from the formula value minus the amount contained in the aggregates. It then adds the water quickly via fast and slow valves . . . . Read more
- Fast and slow feed valves add water to the mix quickly and accurately, giving the shortest possible mixing time. More batches per hour.
- Water target can be based on water/cement ratio for wet cast or water/total solids ratio for dry cast, pavers and block, giving you the right type of measurement for your product.
- MasterMix’s moisture trend graph allows the operator to view the mixing action as it proceeds.
- When it uses the BatchTron computer for moisture control, the system requires only the AquaMix sensor, water valves, meter and software, resulting in a large saving over a stand-alone moisture controller.
- Target water or moisture values and choice of Standard or Lightweight concrete are stored in the BatchTron formulas. This allows different moistures and mixing sequences to be preset for different products. This type of integration is easy with BatchTron but difficult or impossible between separate batching and moisture controllers.
- You must calibrate the AquaMix sensor before Mastermix can be used successfully. If you consider this process too difficult, consider Fast Micromix, below.
If your business is dry cast concrete - precast, block or pavers, MicroMix will give you the moisture control that you need. Consistent quality that doesn't cost a fortune. MicroMix monitors the moisture while adding water until the correct value is obtained. This method is just as accurate as MasterMix but is slower. If speed is not all-important, MicroMix will save you money . . . . Read more
- The initial water feed is fast to get the bulk into the mixer quickly. Then the slow “final wet” feed continues until it reaches the precise target moisture value.
- Pre-wet cycle can be tailored for lightweight aggregates, adding water and mixing before adding the cement. Produce standard and lightweight products in the same mixer.
- On completion of final wet, the mix is ready for discharge. No extra mixing time required.
- MicroMix’s moisture trend graph allows the operator to view the mixing action as it proceeds.
- When you use the BatchTron computer for moisture control, the system requires only the sensor, water valves and software,. As a result, you will see a large saving compared with a stand -alone moisture controller.
- The controller stores target moisture values and choice of Standard or Lightweight concrete in the batch formulas. This allows you to store different moistures and mixing sequences for different products. This type of integration is easy with BatchTron but difficult or impossible between separate batching and moisture controllers.
The FAST version of MicroMix gives the same short mixing cycles as MasterMix and is easier to set up. This system requires a water meter, so is a little more costly than MicroMix but it is just as good for certain applications. Note that it will not handle wet cast (slump) concrete except for some types of SCC . . . . Read more
- When making both zero slump (dry cast) and slump (wet cast) concrete in the one mixer, it can bypass the moisture control system when batching slump concrete (wet cast). Speeds up the operation by using only metered water.
- Fast Micromix bypasses the slow pre-wet cycle by feeding the initial quantity of water at high speed through a meter, followed by the normal slow final wet. Hence, it gives an accurate cutoff when reaching the target value.
- It uses the final wet water volume and feed time to correct the initial water amount. Also, it optimizes the final wet cycle.
- The result is a mixing time that is equal to the MasterMix cycle, and without the need for calibration of the moisture sensor.
With Fast MicroMix and a well adjusted mixer, you will make better product, save money and increase your profit.