Eliminate bagged fibers; save money with bulk
Imagine weighing bulk fiber into your batch, recorded in your batch reports.
Do you have a need for synthetic or metal fibers in your mix? Using bagged fibers and want to change, or just not sure how to do it? We have a solution. The Dosmec range of bulk fiber dispensers from Italy is a relatively inexpensive way to weigh fiber into your mix. You can add it as an extra scale in your batching controller. Enter the quantity of fiber as a weight per cu. yd. or cu. m. in your batch formula. It will be weighed in proportion to the batch size and added to your aggregate belt as the aggregates discharge from the scale.
- Handles synthetic, metal or micro-fiber.
- Proportions the weight of fiber to the weight of concrete.
- Connects to the batching controller to include or exclude fiber from the batch.
- Weight of fiber is included in mix designs or formulas as well as batch reports.
- Dispensing equipment is at or near ground level. Bulk material is easily added from boxes, bags or Super Sacks with DF1500 and larger models.
- Dispenses fiber onto the belt from the aggregate scale to the truck or mixer.
- Creates a “ribbon discharge” of material with no clogging or bunches of fiber.
- Feed rate from dispenser to belt is fast, with no decrease in throughput.
- Choose up to 12 preset amounts from local controller or full automation of batch size from main controller.
- Analog 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA and 0-10 volt outputs will connect to batch controller.
- Digital inputs to run or stop the dispenser from the batch controller.
- Preset start delay timer when used as semi-manual controller.
How it works
The principle is well proven. Use of a vibrating bowl feeder untangles bunches of fibers and they travel smoothly up the spiral channel. Excess material drops back into the bottom of the bowl. The result is a continuous feed and a loss in weight as the material drops onto the aggregate belt. Many European plants use these dispensers. In North America, while admixture companies add the cost of dispensing equipment into the admixture price, they don’t include fiber dispensing equipment in the fiber price. This makes its purchase the responsibility of the user. As a result, however, you are free to shop around for lower fiber price whenever you want.
OEM and fiber producer inquiries welcomed.
Feed rate is dependent on bulk density of the fiber. It feeds the same volume of metal or synthetic fiber but because synthetic fiber is much lighter than metal fiber, it feeds much more slowly. Realistic feed rates are shown below:
Bulk Fiber Dispensers, Specifications
|Capacity: typical 380 lt (13 cu. ft.), max 470 lt (16.5 cu. ft.), 600 kg (1320 lb)||Vibrators: 2 x 1.1 kW (1.5 HP)||Metal: feed rate 20-80 kg (44 - 176 lb)/min.
Synthetic: 3 - 10 kg (6 - 22 lb)/min.
|Capacity: typical 650 lt (23 cu. ft.), max 790 lt (27.5 cu. ft.), 800 kg (1760 lb)||Vibrators: 2 x 1.1 kW (1.5 HP)||Metal: feed rate 20 - 100 kg (44 - 220 lb)/min.
Synthetic: 3 - 12 kg (6 - 26 lb)/min.
|Capacity: typical 1150 lt (41 cu. ft.), max 1400 lt (49 cu. ft.), 1500 kg (3310 lb)||Vibrators: 2 x 1.5 kW (2 HP)||Metal: feed rate 20 - 120 kg (88 - 265 lb)/min.
Synthetic: 5 - 15 kg (11 - 33 lb)/min.
|Capacity: typical 1800 lt (64 cu. ft.), max 2200 lt (77 cu. ft.), 2400 kg (5290 lb)||Vibrators: 2 x 2 kW (2.7 HP)||Metal: feed rate 40 - 150 kg (88 - 330 lb)/min.
Synthetic: 5 - 18 kg (11 - 40 lb)/min.
|Capacity: typical 2500 lt (88 cu. ft.), max 3000 lt (105 cu. ft.), 3000 kg (6615 lb)||Vibrators: 2 x 2.2 kW (3 HP)||Metal: feed rate 40 - 200 kg (88 - 440 lb)/min.
Synthetic: 5 - 25 kg (11 - 55 lb)/min.
|DF-2000-MX||Capacity: typical 2500 lt (88 cu. ft.), max 3000 lt (105 cu. ft.), 3000 kg (6615 lb)||Vibrators: 2 x 3.8 kW (5 HP)||Heavy-duty model for metal fiber: max feed rate 200 kg (440 lb)/min.|
Mobile fiber belt MFB06
The MFB06 mobile conveyor system forms the link between the fiber dispenser at ground level and a higher discharge point. It can be positioned permanently or moved from place to place. Sized to meet the needs of concrete trucks, it conveys the fiber to where it is needed. Other equipment for concrete plants