CraneWeigh - the bridge crane weighing system that you can
Now you can weigh each item as it is loaded onto your truck . . while it
is supported by your overhead crane! CraneWeigh is a simple and
foolproof way to verify your truck loading and ensure you meet maximum
load limits. No lost time to visit a local truck scale, and the cost is
lower than most hook-based crane scales. Just pick up your load and run
the crane directly over the gauged support columns; the indicator shows
the weight of the piece, regardless of the position of the trolley and
hook on the bridge.
- Sensors use high quality
metal foil strain
gauges, as used in high-accuracy load cells, to give superior stability
- CraneWeigh sensors are temperature compensated by
the L-shaped design. We have demonstrated
typical accuracies of ±1 to 2% of full scale when two crane support columns are
- Mount the industrial weight indicator in any convenient
location. You don’t have to squint at a display up in
the air, and it doesn’t need charging either; it plugs into any
- No loss in headroom for a load cell - crane is untouched.
Weighs the whole crane - but displays just its load
- CraneWeigh measures the stress in two crane support columns and when the
crane is positioned over them, the crane and its load can be weighed. It
only works on steel - concrete columns cannot be meaasured.
- If the columns
also support the roof structure, it is still possible to get good weight
- You need adequate stress in the columns - contact us for details.
- Install and
calibrate the system yourself. We deliver a kit
with complete instructions. All necessary cables are
provided and are colour coded.
- Calibration is
straightforward, using a known piece weight as
reference. Or call your local scale company and use their weights.
- Alternatively, we have trained installation experts at
various US and Canadian locations - contact us for details.
- Not a Legal For Trade scale; accuracy is adequate for loading
weight estimation but cannot be used as the basis of a sale by weight.